Security Dog Handler – Job Description
We currently have a number of openings for experienced security dog handlers. The work shall include travelling to various site locations across the North of England, so you shall need to have a full UK driving licence.
You must be of a pleasant nature with good communication skills. Good time keeping is essential as is a smart appearance and the ability to take verbal and written instructions.
You will have at least 1 years experience of working as a security dog handler and have preferably gained a NASDU or BIPDT qualification. You shall have full care and responsibility of a working dog, if you have your own working dog you must be willing to introduce it to our company.
Your responsibilities shall include:
- Guarding various sites across the North of England
- Ensuring the safety of property, personnel, plant and sites
- Liaising with customers and the public
- Making written reports
- Making regular patrols throughout your shifts with a working dog
- Rapid response to customer sites (as and when required)
- Reporting incidents to control room/authorities
- At least 1 years experience working in the securities/forces industries with a working dog
- Valid front line SIA licence (Security Industry Authority) – this is required by law
- Full UK driving licence
- NASDU/BIPDT certification – advantageous
We have an ever expanding customer base in various locations throughout the UK, as such you must be willing to travel and work well both independently and within an established team.